We are very conscious that every business has an environmental impact, and we are doing our best to make changes to ensure that we tread as softly as possible on the planet.
We are constantly looking for new ways to be more environmentally friendly, but here’s what we do so far:
- We recycle as much as possible, every day in the shop.
- Our products are all handmade in Britain, giving the lightest possible carbon footprint for a business of this kind.
- All of our pampering products, candles and diffusers are natural, vegan and cruelty free.
- We use paper bags wherever possible and only give receipts when they are required by our customers. We are currently seeking a supplier of suitable compostable plastic bags, as the autumn and winter season will bring damp weather! We are also making a move to paper ribbon for our gift wrapping.
- We reuse every box and piece of packaging from the deliveries that we receive from our suppliers. We do need to use bubble wrap with certain products when we sell online, but it is at least second-, if not third- or fourth-hand. If your delivery contains bubble wrap, please reuse it if you can. Any cardboard that is not suitable for reuse goes into our compost bin, and helps to grow our Happy & Glorious plants!
- We clean our silver in an environmentally conscious way, avoiding harmful chemicals.
- Our shop flower baskets are full of bee and butterfly friendly plants. In summer, they are covered with pollinating insects, and the occasional grasshopper.